Thursday, July 17, 2014

BirchBox Review June 2014

 Have I mentioned how much I love getting my BirchBox in the mail?? I feel like it's Christmas in my mailbox once a month, so what's not to love?

This month's theme was vacation (or stay-cation). If you can't afford to go out on a spa retreat, BirchBox has added samples that are perfect to pamper yourself with.  In this box they sent: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit, Nexxus® Color Assure™ Pre-Wash Primer, Nexxus® Color Assure™ Vibrancy Retention Shampoo,  Nexxus® Color Assure™ Vibrancy Retention Conditioner, English Laundry Signature for Her, Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner and Egyptian Magic Skin Cream.

I will start with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Kit since that's what I sampled first. The instructions are very straight forward and the product is easy to use. You massage the cream onto your dry face and neck using circular motions, run the cloth that is included in the kit under warm/hot water and wipe your face and neck (make sure you use a clean portion of the cloth with each wipe), when your face is all clean and free from the cream you splash your face with cold water and voila! Your face is clean and smooth. I didn't have to use moisturizer after I used this so I was stoked about that. I usually have to drench my face in lotion after I wash it because it gets all dried out but this didn't dry me out and it didn't make me breakout so I'd have to say that is a win.

The fragrance from English Laundry screams summer. It's light and very pleasant. I've been noticing that a lot more fragrances are very strong and overpowering so it's nice to find one that doesn't assault your senses. I think I'm going to buy this when my sample runs out.
 On the jar of Egyptian Magic skin cream it says "a little goes a long way" and they're not kidding. You just need a little dab if you're going to just use it on your hands. It made my hands feel soft without feeling super greasy and I noticed that my skin soaked it up pretty quickly. It says that you can use it in your hair but I already have issues with oily hair so I don't think I'm going to try it in my hair. The only downside to this product is that it's kind of expensive. A 4oz jar is $38. I do know that it will last you a long time but I just can't justify spending that much on a single beauty product.

The first thing that I'd like to point out is that this sample is adorable. Great marketing strategy Nexxus. Not only is the packaging adorable, the product itself is amazing. I dyed my hair red over 6 months ago and it had started to look pretty dull. After using this sample once, my hair color looked like it was fresh out of the box. I'm definitely trading my Radiant Red in for this.

 I have like a million eyeliners (ok not really that many but I have a ton) ranging from Dollar Store brands to super expensive and this one falls right in the middle. I didn't really see anything about this eyeliner that made it more special than the rest. This is the second sample of eyeliner I've received in a BirchBox and this one did not compare to the first. The eyeliner never really dried so if I ended up rubbing my eyes then I'd smudge it everywhere. It also was a little difficult to wash off too.

I just got the notification that my July BirchBox has been shipped so I will be (impatiently) waiting by my mailbox for that to show up. I also signed up for an Ipsy GlamBag to see what the difference between the two are, so keep your eyes open for that review and comparison of the two services. In the meantime go over to BirchBox and get signed up to get your monthly box :) https://www.birchbox.com/invite/BeeBeeandJack

No comments:

Post a Comment