Sunday, September 7, 2014

Crochet Bracelet Refashion Tutorial

I've had this bracelet for a while but never wear it because 1) it's broken and falls off and 2) it's kinda plain. This refashion will show you how to give your old bracelets some new life.
This is all you need. Your bracelet, yarn and a small crochet hook. I used a G (4.25) for this and it didn't make the bracelet too chunky. I had to hot glue my bracelet back together before I started this refashion. Since I was going to be crocheting around the beads, I gave myself some extra space when I glued the bracelet.
Start with your slipknot and then slip stitch onto the wire of the bracelet. CH 3 and SC on the opposite side of the bead.






CH 3 and continue to hop over the beads like the picture to the left. When you get to the end, SL ST into the base of the original CH 3. Do not fasten off.



Flip all of the stitches you just did into the inside of the bracelet and CH 3. SC into the opposite side of the bead. Continue hopping the beads like you did in the earlier steps.
When you're all finished hopping beads, SL ST into the base of your original CH 3 for this side. This time you can fasten off and weave in your ends. I hot glued my ends down to give them a little more security.
I'm pretty happy with how this refashion came out and I'm finding that the bracelet is a lot more comfortable to wear as well because the yarn cushions my arm from the kinda scratchy beads. I hope you are able to refashion some of your bracelets and I'd love to see your finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment