Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Quick Way to Cover Unwanted Logos

So I have this hat that I absolutely love but I have never actually worn it. Mostly because of the logo but also because it was kinda manly looking.

 I wanted to make it look a little more feminine and cover up that logo at the same time, so this is what I came up with.
 I found the pattern for these flowers here:http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/may-roses.html What I really like about these flowers is that they work up quickly and you can adjust the pattern to make as big or as small of flowers as you want. I made 1 large flower and 1 small flower, both with leaves.
 I knew trying to sew these flowers on would be a pain and would take forever, so I heated up my trusty hot glue gun and gave each flower a good layer of glue, making sure all the edges were glued down and the leaf was glued down as well. When I finished gluing everything down, I took a hairdryer and hit it with a quick blast of hot air to get rid of all the glue strings.
 I can see myself wearing this a lot more now that I'm not a walking advertisement :) I hope you find this tutorial useful and I would love to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment