Thursday, June 12, 2014

BirchBox Review May 2014

I received my 2nd BirchBox in the mail on 5/21/14 and it always makes my day to see that brightly colored little package sitting in my mailbox.  My neighbors probably think I’m nuts when I open my mailbox and yell “OH HELL YES!” When you get your BirchBox in the mail you’ll totally understand my excitement.


In this BirchBox I received:
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
  • Caldrea Body Lotion in Aloe Water Apricot
  • Caldrea Body Wash in Tea Olive Lime
  • Color Club Art Duo Pen in Black
  • Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology
  • Kérastase Masque Cristal


I’ll start with the Caldrea Body Lotion and the Caldrea Body Wash  since the lotion was the first thing I sampled. I like the fact that they gave me a sample of each scent so I could smell both. I’m not a fan of the Aloe Water Apricot. It was too sweet for me and it was super strong. The lotion itself was pretty good. It was thick and creamy and kept my skin feeling soft for a good amount of time. The scent sticks around for a long while too, which wouldn’t have been a bad thing if I liked the scent in the first place.  The body wash was a thick gel and a little bit seemed to go a long way. The scent of the Tea Olive Lime was very refreshing and light.  It didn’t overpower and even with the body wash, the light scent stuck around for a while. I’d definitely purchase the set in the Tea Olive Lime scent.
The Supergoop! lotion was very light and didn’t leave my skin feeling oily or greasy. I was a little worried at first that the lotion wouldn’t protect as well as the sunscreen I am used to using because the consistency was so thin, but I wore it all day and didn’t get burned. Other sunscreens are so thick that they clog the pores on my face and make me break out. Supergoop! did not, which is a big win in my book!


The Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint was awesome because it’s got SPF in it, I just didn’t notice much of a tint when I applied it. I did notice a sparkle, which is always nice because it gives you a nice, healthy glow. I paired this with my normal concealer and I liked the little extra  sparkle and knowing that my face was protected from UV rays.


The Color Club Art Duo Pen in black is awesome. The tips come in two sizes: one for regular lines and one for super fine lines. I am horrible at drawing, so decorating my nails is not really an option besides the one color mani/pedi. I did find it very useful while crafting, so I might pick up the 4-pack of colors for that.


The instructions for the Kérastase Masque Cristal sample didn’t explain how you are supposed to use it, so I haven’t had a chance to get online and look up what exactly it is for and how it is used.  It’s kinda silly to include something that doesn’t come with instructions on how to use it, don’t you think? I know, I’m just being lazy by not googling how to use the stuff (shame on me) but I’ll do it before the next BirchBox shows up and include it with that review.

I cannot wait for my next BirchBox to show up to test out some new goodies! Stay tuned for more when it does, but in the meantime here’s the link to join: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/BeeBeeandJackBeeBeeandJack

No comments:

Post a Comment