Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Favorite Places to Get Free Patterns

Welcome back!  I've been finding so many awesome places to get free patterns that I just had to share my favorites.  With some of these websites you have to sign up for a free account in order to use or view the patterns, but it takes minutes to do and is totally worth it!

The first one I'm going to talk about is Ravelry. (www.ravelry.com) This is one of the ones you have to sign up for but it's totally worth it because it gives you access to thousands of patterns. Not all of them are free, but you're able to filter just the free ones when you search. What I really like about Ravelry is that it's full of patterns for crochet, knitting and loom. I bought a sock loom a while ago so I'm going to be using Ravelry to pick up some patterns for it.

Another good one is Red Heart. (www.redheart.com) They make awesome yarn and have thousands of patterns. You don't need to sign up for anything, but it gives you the option to receive emails from Red Heart. I opted out but you'll probably get the pop-up to sign up every time you visit the site. I like how they have a couple of options to browse the website. If you know what you're looking for you can use the search bar, but if you're just looking to flip through patterns they've got the box on the side with drop down menus to browse through patterns. I will warn you now that you will lose hours looking through all the patterns on this site.

Another site I use a lot is Pinterest (www.pinterest.com) This site you have to sign up for but it gives you access to SO many tutorials, patterns, recipes etc. This is another site that can suck you in and make you lose hours flipping through all the pins. What is nice about this site is that the pins you're searching through pinpoint the pattern on each website so you don't have to go searching through thousands of websites to find the pattern you're looking for, other pinterest users have already done it for you. Not all of the patterns you find on pinterest are free but a good majority are free.

Lastly, I head over to Yarnspirations (www.yarnspirations.com) Not all of these patterns are free but they do have a huge amount of free ones. What I like about this site is that you can narrow down your search by skill type, yarn type, yarn gauge, season etc. It makes finding the patterns you're looking for so much easier to find.

I'm always on the hunt for free patterns and would love your input! What are some of your favorite sites for free patterns?

No comments:

Post a Comment