Thursday, August 14, 2014

How to Make Your Picture Frames More Fun

It's the time of year where we take our family pictures. I always go to the dollar store for my picture frames because they're such a good deal, but they don't have much of a variety. I was cruising pinterest to find ways to use up some of these massive amounts of buttons I have and came up with the idea to decorate my frames when I kept seeing button flowers popping up.



For this project you need:

  • Buttons
  • Glue
  • Picture frame
I started out by picking out the buttons that I thought were the prettiest ones out of the mass amount that I have.

Then I started gluing them together in groups of 3, stacking them in a big, medium, small order. I tried to center them as much as possible, but I think having some of the buttons crooked gives it some charm.

When I got a good handful of buttons glued together, I started arranging them on one corner of my picture frame. Make sure to take the glass and backing off, so you're working with just the frame. It saves on cleanup and makes it so you don't end up with glue strings all over your glass.

 The best part of this project is that you can use your imagination and be creative. There's no wrong way to do this project. Have fun!

I'd love to see some of your finished projects! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment