Saturday, August 23, 2014

Giving Your Heels a Little Sass

I'm trying something new with this post. Instead of doing my own tutorial, I'm trying out a tutorial I saw on pinterest. It looked easy, fun and gives your shoes a new twist to them.

The original tutorial can be found here:
http://www.fashionlush.com/diy-colored-soles/











What you need:
  • Shoes with plain black soles
  • Nail Polish (you're going to use a lot of it, so make sure you don't use your favorite. I went to the dollar store and picked up a couple of bottles for this.
  • White paint or white nail polish (I didn't have white polish, so I used white acrylic paint)
  • Clear top coat nail polish
  • Paint brushes you don't care about (you will end up throwing them away after this)
  • Something to pour the nail polish onto (I used a lid to an oatmeal container)
  • Nail polish remover in a cup to rinse your brushes between colors
  • Paper towel to wipe the gunk off your brush after rinsing



Since I wasn't sure how well the white acrylic paint was going to adhere to the sole, so I applied a good layer of the clear top coat to the bottom of the shoe between the heel and the ball of the foot and let it dry completely before painting a layer with the white.





Let the white layer dry completely and then apply 2 thick layers of nail polish letting it dry completely between each layer ( I used 2 colors of glitter polish so apply 2 coats of your first color and then 1 coat of your second color, letting each coat dry completely before adding another)


Add 1 last layer of the clear top coat and let dry overnight. Voila! Kick-ass soles on your heels!

I'm thinking about doing another pair in a single color but I'm not sure what color yet.  I'd love to see your finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment