The original tutorial can be found here:
What you need:
- Shoes with plain black soles
- Nail Polish (you're going to use a lot of it, so make sure you don't use your favorite. I went to the dollar store and picked up a couple of bottles for this.
- White paint or white nail polish (I didn't have white polish, so I used white acrylic paint)
- Clear top coat nail polish
- Paint brushes you don't care about (you will end up throwing them away after this)
- Something to pour the nail polish onto (I used a lid to an oatmeal container)
- Nail polish remover in a cup to rinse your brushes between colors
- Paper towel to wipe the gunk off your brush after rinsing
Since I wasn't sure how well the white acrylic paint was going to adhere to the sole, so I applied a good layer of the clear top coat to the bottom of the shoe between the heel and the ball of the foot and let it dry completely before painting a layer with the white.
Let the white layer dry completely and then apply 2 thick layers of nail polish letting it dry completely between each layer ( I used 2 colors of glitter polish so apply 2 coats of your first color and then 1 coat of your second color, letting each coat dry completely before adding another)
Add 1 last layer of the clear top coat and let dry overnight. Voila! Kick-ass soles on your heels!
I'm thinking about doing another pair in a single color but I'm not sure what color yet. I'd love to see your finished projects!