Monday, May 26, 2014

Simple Summer Face Tutorial- Base Make Up

Simple Summer Face Tutorial:

-Products- What I used in this tutorial.

1) Beauty blender. Can be found at Ulta, but has a similar version at CVS. (makeup wedges work as well)

2) Primer. I'm using Rimmel Londons Stay Matte Primer.

3) Pore eraser. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.

4) Concealer. Sonia Kashuk Concealer pallet.

5) Concealer stick. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind

6) B.B Cream. Nyx B.B cream in Natural

7)Setting powder. Rimmel Londons Stay Matte Pressed Powder

8) Eyebrows. Gimme Brow by Benefit Cosmetics

9) Blush. Terra Cotta by NYX




Let's get started with the tutorial!

1) FRESH FACE~ The first thing you want to do is start out with a clean, fresh face! This is going to give you a great surface to work with and your makeup will go on much easier when your face is clean!


2) PRIMER~ Using a primer before applying your makeup is going to give it something to stick to so it won't move or slide off your face in the heat! Cause it's never any fun to have your face melt off! (JK) I apply my primer with my fingers, but I ALWAYS make sure my hands are clean! Transferring any nastiness that we have on our hands is not good for our face. So think before you prime!


3)PORE ERASER~ This step is optional, but if you have big pores like me, then just read on! Using an instant pore eraser does exactly what it says it does. It erases your pores. Not completely of course, but it makes it look that way!


4)UNDER EYE CONCEALER~ This next step is always a must for me. If you want to skip this step, you can, but I prefer to always add it in when "putting on my face." Hide those dark circles ladies! YES! Such a pain, but a part of life. I just simply apply the concealer in a triangular shape under my eyes and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND!


5)CONCEALER~ So, this step is for those of us that have those horrible face-demons! The best way for me to cover one of those bad boys is to use a green toned concealer. The green is going to block out the redness of the blemish. Remember to blend well!


6) B.B CREAM~ I love using a B.B cream in the summer cause it feels so much lighter on your face than a heavy liquid foundation does. So, when applying my B.B cream, I use my Real Techniques sponge. This thing is amazing! You get it damp and it feels so good on your face! Anyway, just dot some of the product onto your face and blend it slightly into your hairline and down onto your neck so it gives you seamless, gorgeous face!


7) Setting Powder~ Setting powder is optional. If you have oily skin like I do occasionally, then I suggest using a setting powder. It's going to keep your face from getting oily throughout the day and it's obviously going to 'set' your makeup. Just use a big fluffy brush to apply the product and be sure to lightly dust all over your face.


8) Brows~ Brows are super important. Keeping your brows groomed and looking FINE will bring a lifted look to your face and it'll make it easier to fill them in. If you want to invest in anything makeup related, I highly suggest the 'Gimme Brow' from Benefit Cosmetics. It's so simple to use and it works amazingly! If not, then they have brow powders that you can get at your local drug store that will work just fine. Be sure to match your color properly. It doesn't have to be exact. My brows are lighter than my hair color, but that way, it makes it look a little more natural.


9) Blush~ Using blush is a great way to lighten up your face. Just take a blush brush or whatever brush your prefer, pick up some product and tap off the excess. This is important! You want a natural glow on your cheeks and you want it to look natural. You simply sweep the brush along the apples of your cheeks and blend upward onto your cheek bones. Use a light hand when applying.




That's the finished look ladies! The final step is to admire that glowy skin of yours cause girl, you are FIERCE! I hope you guys enjoyed this makeup tutorial and there's going to be more so keep reading! 
                                                XOXO, Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment