Friday, December 5, 2014

Get Your Kids to Eat Spinich!

I saw this idea on Pinterest originally (who knows where), but the recipe they had suggested using homemade mashed potatoes. I do not roll like that.

I do not have the time, interests, patience, or skill to make homemade mashed potatoes. Boxed mashed potatoes do the trick, and they come in yummy flavors that take zero extra work.

*Note- Again, if you're all about healthy meals every day, this is not an idea for you. If you are, however, looking for a quick and easy way to get your kids to eat some vegetables, this might help :)

I used the mashed potatoes that come in the little packet... They're cheap. I think $.89 at Winco. Anyway, I used the Three Cheese or White Cheese (or something cheese) kind, which are yummy enough on their own.

BUT-- here's where the veggies come in. 

I made the potatoes according the the package, then moved them into a bowl and busted out the ole' trusty mixer. I cut up some spinach into little pieces, then added the spinach to the potatoes and blended it well. I topped it with a bit of shredded cheese, and by the time it was mixed, you could barely taste the spinach!


Yum.

My three-year-old, who says every green food is "stinky" or "yucky", gladly ate every bit of his potatoes. 

Overall, it was a win with the whole family. Next time, I'll use about twice as much spinach, which is about two handfuls or so. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment