Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cute Dress-- Almost fits!

Don't you hate it when you find a dress at the store for a GREAT price and then it won't fit over your boobs? ME TOO!! Damnit, tatas.

Well guess what? Hate it no more! Just cut the back of the dress open and add a long triangle of lace. You can add about six total inches of width across the back of the dress without it being wonky and clumpy.

Here's the dress I found:


For $6.00. Seriously. How could I walk away from this?!

It reminds me of the one Julia Roberts wore to the horse races in Pretty Woman. Big part of my childhood.

I wish I had taken a photo of the back of the dress, but as you can kind of tell at the left, the back had a button closure.

I took the button off and folded the closing ends over, then sewed them down to make a V. I added a triangle of lace, measured from the top of the back neckline to the waist, skinny side down.

A zip zip at the sewing machine, a couple quick alterations, a strip of lace as a belt, and BLAMO!






<3 Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment